Rucksack Readers are guidebooks to some of the finest long-distance walks in the world. With 60-80 colour photographs each, they make great souvenirs. Because they are field-tested and updated regularly, they are reliable companions.
Our rucksack-friendly format is unique.
- is waterproof
- has a route map
- is bound to open flat
- is lightweight (115-175g).
The following guidebooks have been published:
Arran Coastal Way
Borders Abbeys Way
Fife Coastal Path
Great Glen Way
John Muir Way
Loch Lomond & Cowal Way
Mary Queen of Scots Way
Moray Coast Trail
Rob Roy Way
St Cuthbert's Way
West Highland Way
Causeway Coast Way
England and Wales
Coast to Coast
Hadrian's Wall Path
Heart of the Cotswolds
Settle to Carlisle Way
Snowdonia Slate Trail
South Downs Way
St Cuthbert's Way
Explore Mount Kilimanjaro
Explore the Great Wall
Explore the Inca Trail
Trek to Everest
A personal celebration of the National Parks
Wild America brings together David Muench, the eminent wilderness photographer, with Roly Smith, the respected outdoor writer. This book celebrates their personal choice of America’s National Parks and protected areas.
Its publication marks the centenary of the 'Organic Act', the federal law that established the world’s first National Park Service. Share their personal selection, in words and superb photographs, of 21 of America's stunning wildernesses.
- chapters on 18 National Parks, from Acadia to Zion
- three protected areas: Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley and Mount Hood WIlderness
- a concise introduction that traces the origin and development of national parks
- Roly Smith's compelling descriptions of his experiences
- lavishly illustrated with 92 colour photographs by David Muench
- map graphics that identify where the chapters are located
- handsomely bound as a hardback with endpapers
- a valuable addition to your library, and a handsome gift.
< Back to overview travel guides